Rebate & Self Assessment Specialists.

What can we help you with?


Even if you already receive reimbursements, our specialist service can uncover more for you to claim

Start Your

Start Now


Self Employed, freelancers, secondary incomes and high earners… we can take care of it all for you

Start your
Self Assessment

Start Now


Quick Claim Enquiry

Make sure your details are correct so we can contact you to explore a claim.

Woman Egg Seat

A tax rebate could be yours. Explore it with us so you don't miss out

See what our clients have to say about us...

Taxbuddi explores every area of your expenses thoroughly, to ensure you get every penny back that you deserve!

Self Employed or Freelancers?

Dealing with your own self assessment can be a difficult and often stressful process. Taxbuddi are here to make that process efficient and stress free. Not only can we process your self assessment and keep HMRC happy for you, but we can help save you time, money and even look at reclaiming any overpaid taxes. If you are Self Employed or Freelance, have a second income stream or are a high earner, we can handle all accounts for you, often in under 48 hours!  For just £149, Taxbuddi takes care of all of this for you, leaving you with one less thing to worry about, so you can focus on your business

Find out more

Our full Self Assessments cost only


We will contact you within
3 hours to start
your self assesment

Our Referral Scheme

Do you know anyone who is employed, earns over £12,500 and travels for work? Whether they're your family, friends, or work colleagues, we'll pay you £250 for every 5 successful people you refer to us.

Earn extra cash with our referral scheme!

Inheritance Tax

If inheritance tax is a reality for you or you find yourself in this impending situation, Taxbuddi have a fully rounded service from management, investment and general Inheritance Tax freedom options. Get in touch and we can discuss the best, and most suitable options for you.

Find out more

Inheritance Tax

The Taxbuddi Process

There is zero stress, we deal with HMRC for you and keep you updated throughout the entire rebate process. Worried when you receive a little brown envelope from HMRC? We'll take care of it. A delay in your payout? We'll chase it for you.

Step 1

Let's chat

Once you take 20 seconds to fill out the online form (or the short form above), we will have a quick 15 minute chat to get some details and expense information from you.

Have you spent any money on laundry bills?

Step 2

Processing stage

We process your information & will call to collect some final details such as your NI & UTR numbers. We'll then submit your claim to our accounts department who will calculate your estimate & submit this to HMRC once you have confirmed you are happy.

Step 3


After we submit your claim, HMRC will process this and your payment will be released to us generally within 10-12 weeks, and we will then pay this to you. We will then keep you on file and do this for every consecutive year you are with us!

Your rebate of £3155 has been paid out

Plumber or delivery man

Do you know everything you can claim for?

Tax rebates - we make it simple! Even if you receive reimbursements from your employer,  there is so much you can claim for from washing your work uniform to your lunches and additional training costs incurred as part of your work. HMRC also provide a

Explore it Now

Who is able to claim?

  • Public sector employees
  • Recruitment sector employees
  • Construction workers (CIS)
  • Health and Social Care workers
  • Aviation Sector employees
  • Military employees
  • Emergency workers

What do we charge?

Our fee is an industry standard 30% or 25% for armed forces and emergency workers.

  • One off fee, no monthly costs
  • No hidden fees, everyone pays the same no matter what
  • No win, no fee

Let's get started

Some of our Clients

Our nominations and awards

Looking for a little more support?

Need further support? Had one of those dreaded brown envelopes from HMRC arrive? Are there any forms you require, or numbers you need to obtain for your claim?

We'll help you at every stage of your claim!

Any questions?

We know you may have questions about your claim. Here are a few of our most frequently asked questions, that may help you find your answer.

Can't see your issue? Give us a call today!

Our standard charges are: Tax rebate if you’re employed under PAYE: 30% of refund claimed + VAT (minimum fee £45+VAT). CIS Tax Refund including tax return: £220+VAT. 

Don’t worry if you've had a mixture of self-employed and PAYE (employed by a company) work during the period you want to claim for. We can work out if you would be due a refund and let you know what the fee would be.

UK Taxpayers can claim tax relief of up to 45p per mile that they travel for work. If you are a regular taxpayer paying tax through the PAYE system, you can claim all the way back to April 2019. We can currently claim for tax years 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22 and 2022/23. The exact amount you are entitled to claim back will depend upon the number of miles you have driven for business as well as what you have spent on other work-related expenses, and the amounts (if any) reimbursed to you by your employer for the mileage or expenses.

According to HMRC, a tax rebate is “a refund on taxes when the tax liability is less than the taxes paid”. Put simply, when you’re owed a HMRC tax refund, it’s because you’ve already paid too much tax. When you’re paying your own way to temporary workplaces, it’s more than likely you’re owed tax back for your expenses. "Temporary” means somewhere you have worked for less than 24 months consistently. It’s worth making sure you get back what you’re owed, as you can claim a rebate for up to 4 years.

It takes a few weeks to put together a really comprehensive tax refund claim. Realistically, it can take 8-10 weeks for the taxman to check your details and confirm your refund total, so the sooner you get us the information we need, the sooner you’ll have your money. As soon as your refund’s paid out, we’ll either send you a cheque or pay it into your bank account if you prefer.

You need to be employed (PAYE or CIS), take home over £18,000 per year and travel to more than one location for work.

Some employers are misinformed or do not pay the recommended amount that is set by HMRC to their employees who travel for work. To ensure employees are fairly compensated for their work mileage, you can claim money back through a mileage tax rebate. HMRC have a recommended tax allowance of 45p (under 10,000 miles) per mile for cars/vans, 24p per mile for motorcycles and 20p per mile for bikes. Your employer should pay this amount and if they do not, you may be eligible to claim the difference you have not received.  

You are only entitled to claim a maximum of 45p (under 10,000 miles) per mile for cars/vans, 24p per mile for motorcycles and 20p for bikes. It is the vehicle owner’s responsibility to ensure they can maintain their vehicle if it costs more than the recommended amount to do so.

You will not be able to claim if your employer pays the recommended amount or more than what is suggested by HMRC. You are only entitled to a mileage tax rebate if your employer pays nothing or less than 45p per mile for your mileage.

No matter how many miles you have travelled for work, you are entitled to submit a claim for any that you have not been reimbursed for, or if you have not received the full amount suggested by HMRC (45p per mile). 

Taxbuddi are industry experts and work with HMRC directly. We can take your case and get you the rebate you are entitled to. Just provide us with some initial, key bits of information, and we will handle the rest.

Yes you can. ANY money spent on travel under the qualifying criteria, you can claim for. Just call us today.

It doesn't cost you anything. Our fee (as a percentage) comes from the rebate itself and only if successful.

Yes you can. Ultimately there is a cost to you when charging your electric vehicle. Call us to find out more and how we may be able to assist with this.

You certainly can. If you have paid for hotels or accomodation whilst working away and it is solely for work purposes, you can claim back the tax on these costs if you are not already reimbursed by your employer.

Yes, you can. If you have been required to buy your own PPE such as face masks and hand sanitisers for work purposes, you are entitiled to claim back the tax you have spent on these items. 

Yes, if you meet the relevant criteria and are required to wash your own uniform for work, you could be entitled to a rebate.

If you have to travel to more than one airport for work, earn over £18,000 a year and are a PAYE employee, the answer is YES! You could be entitled to claim back for any travel to airports that are not your contracted base, as well as other expenses you may incur such as uniform, footwear, luggage, training or food. 

We specialise in deep dive expense reclamation. Even if you already receive reimbursements, there is alot you can claim for, and we will ascertain this during the expenses call that your Account Manager will have with you. You can claim for your fuel if you are paid anything less than £0.45 pence per mile, and some of the items you can claim for are:

Food / Lunches


Laundry bills

Office supplies / stationary


This is some of the items you can claim, however there is potentially much more which your dedicated Account Manager will go through with you as well.